Painting by Julian Stanczak, winner of the 2014 Creative Arts Prize
Self-nominations will be accepted. The nomination should consist of name of the candidate, his/her biography note and the reason that they deserve the specific award they are nominated for, as well as the contact information for the candidate (in case of awards being made).
All nomination should be sent by email to the Chair of the PAHA Awards Committee, Dr. Iwona Drag-Korga: I.email@example.com
PAHA seeks nominations for the following awards:
- Mieczyslaw Haiman Award is offered annually to an American scholar for sustained contribution to the study of Polish Americans.
- Oskar Halecki Prize recognizes an important book or monograph on the Polish experience in the United States. Eligibility is limited to works of historical and/or cultural interest, including those in the social sciences or humanities, published in the two years prior to the year of the award.
- Amicus Poloniae Award recognizes significant contributions enhancing knowledge of Polish and Polish-American heritage by individuals not belonging to the Polish-American community.
- Distinguished Service Award is given occasionally to a member of PAHA who has rendered valuable and sustained service to the organization.
- Creative Arts Prize recognizes the contributions in the field of creative arts by individuals or groups who have promoted an awareness of the Polish experience in the Americas.
- Skalny Civic Achievement Award honors individuals or groups who advance PAHA's goals of promoting research and awareness of the Polish-American experience and/or have made significant contributions to Polish or Polish-American community and culture.